Realizing the importance of a strong, unified association of drugstore owners to serve the needs of its members, the customers, the manufacturers or suppliers, as well as the government. A core group of fifteen wholesalers, chain store operators and retailers, namely: Carlos Super Drug, Dyna Drug, Emilene’s Pharmacy, Farmacia Arsenia, Globe Pharmacy, Goodwill Pharmacy, Madis Drug, Marcelo’s Pharmacy, Merced Drug, New South Star Drug, Rose Pharmacy, Save More Drug, Surety Drug, 777 Pharmacy & Olympic Drug met with hopes of working together.
Original participants formally organized what now is known as the Drugstores Association of the Philippines (DSAP)
Election of their initial set of officers at the Quezon City Sports Club
The newly inducted officers included Merced Drug, Dyna Drug, Super Drug, Save More Drug, 777 Drug, New South Star Drug, Marcelo’s Pharmacy, Olympic Drug and Madis Drug
Induction of the initial set of officers of the DSAP along with the charter members, held at the Hyatt Regency Manila with Catalina Sanchez
The DSAP has participated in deliberations with the Department of Heath, BFAD, House of Representatives, Senate of the Philippines and other government agencies, as well as private offices & organizations.
The association also spearheaded several civic and humanitarian projects & training programs which seek to teach both new & old drugstore owners on the more modern operational methods courtesy of participating drug companies. Of course, the social affairs were never missing, for it was always in the spirit of camaraderie and friendship that the officers and members of DSAP continue its untiring task of uniting the thousands of drugstores all over the country.
To be the prime mover in healthcare distribution, responsive to the needs of its members, adapting to the changing business climate to pave the way for continued growth and prosperity while maintaining excellence in customer servicing.
To ensure a climate of continuous growth and development as an association through its strong organizational structure supported by its servant leaders, committed membership nationwide and its more than 25 years of dedicated partnership with stakeholders of the healthcare industry.
- Empower the Organization
- Adapting in the advancement of Information Technology & Social Networking/Communication
- Build DSAP's image & effectiveness in implementing projects
- Improve chapter organizational administration & communication
- Pharmacy Advocacy
- Fair Play
- Industry Catalyst to ensure a balance of power
- Ensure viability of small to medium drugstores
- Fair legislation and Government Policies
- Consumer Welfare and Social Responsibility
- Enhance Relationship with Industry Stakeholders
- Fair Play
- Establish and Raise Standards of Business Practice
- Implement DSAP Quality Standards in all DSAP drugstores nationwide
- Set Ethical Business Standards for drugstores
- Recognize and reward exemplary performance of members
- Provide Opportunities to Improve DSAP members’ Business
- Research and develop training programs and business tools to help improve our member's Business
- Help members reduce operating costs and increase profitability
- Implement marketing and promotions project to improve market share and profitability
- Transforming Business Models
Board of Directors
Vicente U. Briones, RPh.
Estela A. Lim
Chairman of the Board
Jonathan A. Chiquillo
Gina T. Alcantara, RPh.
Maureen Luz M. Rodriguez
The DSAP calls on drugstores from every corner of the country to unite.
Call on each and every drugstore ready to stand up for its rights, willing to do its duties with conviction and eager to give our industry more integrity, strength and stamina.